What is data entry software?
Like other software, data entry software maximizes efficiency of data entry processes. It comes with some really powerful applications or features that can be used on any smart devices like computers, smartphones, laptops and tablets etc..Data experts and operators can easily automate data capture, collection, cleansing and conversion in no time. Depending on your requirements, it can partly or completely make this process paperless. The users can easily tag, search and edit the document at any point of time anywhere.
Why is it needed?
Data entry software is significantly used for replacing an offbeat practice of manual data entry from papers. Certainly, papers are too difficult to handle. They occupy physical space. Time and extra efforts are also needed to manage them effectively. Another associated downside is its collection. Centralizing the whole data may take days, weeks or months, which may end up in decayed information. Once it’s decayed, the information becomes useless or redundant. That’s why automated data entry process is the need of hour.
How does it work?
Most of these data entry automation software create an electronic version of the document and then, automate document classification, extraction and storage process.
People require electronic data to replace paper-bound data. These software and applications assist in this process while simplifying data collection. With digital data, it becomes highly interactive and transitioning. That files and folders can also be synced with your systems. Further, the IT/BPM companies push them into a cleansing funnel for removing errors, typos or any other flaws.
Upon completing this part, the data automatically become useful. Various organizations and businesses use automation to streamline data entry for different purposes. Even, machine learning and data mining processes also get life through it.
Here is how it technically happens in a customised manner:
- The programmer writes codes using Python, R or any other best-fit languages.
- These codes automatically run and identify documents at the point of acquisition.
- As it extracts the text or content, the first stage gets completed.
- Then, the code runs for validating the extracted data entries. It helps to verify the data that best-fit the given criterion.
- Once it’s all done, the extracted information is directed to a particular location on the server. This is where it is saved. This is called the information management system.
The extraction stage is meant to capture data. It is actually done using four different technologies.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR): It is what codes guide to recognise printed content.
- Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR): This is a recognition process where the printed characters/content is extracted for migration.
- Optical Mark Recognition (OMR): This process helps in determining a selection from the list of preferences.
- Barcode Recognition (BCR): At this stage, the data is extracted from barcodes located on the document.
What are its benefits?
The automated data entry software comes with a ton of benefits. You can easily eliminate physical efforts associated with data entry. Here are some more advantages:
- With this software, research and analysis become easier and speedy. You can easily figure out feasible strategies or business intelligence.
- You can create your own business-specific data by extracting & collecting information from across the web.
- The conversion of physical data into digital assists different organizations and industries to process that information in no time.
- The backend operations and efficiency get improved using electronic word processing.
- The information becomes retrievable, which means that you can escape accidental data losses.
- Transition of information or data migration can happen in a few minutes.
- It allows you to upgrade or make relevant changes to the data whenever the database is updated or the version of file changes.
- The labour cost or document handling costs go down.
- The business processes can be automated and reached the next level.
- With quick and automated information, you can assess customer experience in a few minutes and come up with some really effective strategies to improve it.
What are its must-have features?
There are multiple software available over the internet for automating data entry. The users or tailoring team should consider some extraordinary and very useful features for its optimal efficiency.
Typically, it should have all these abilities:
- an ability to recognise multiple data types efficiently.
- an ability to integrate with your Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- a capacity to let users manually review it.
- an ability to collect and sync your content in a real time.
Data entry software enables users to conveniently and automatically automate data entry process for streamlining data in different forms. It uses optical character recognition, ICR, OMR & barcode recognition technologies to recognise for data migration to the server. This is where its streamlining, cleansing and processing go on.